Sunday, February 21, 2010

Faithfulness

Today’s morning devotional was on the topic of faithfulness. “Faithfulness,” it said “can be described as being true to one's word, promises, or vows.” While there are several definitions for the word, I really like this one. Then it said, people “approach too many commitments with the option of, ‘Well, if this doesn't work, I can always get out.’”

I couldn’t get that idea out of my head all day. I couldn’t stop thinking about the times in my life that I’d approached something with that attitude; things like places I’ve lived, jobs, even my marriage.

I consider myself to be an extremely honest, loyal, trustworthy person. According to the definition stated above, I would have even described myself as faithful. But the idea of this attitude “if it doesn’t work…” it just struck a chord with me.

As God is so faithful to us, so I desire to be faithful. Faithful to friends, family, and principles like homeschooling. So the next time a thought of putting Devon in public school comes to my mind or close to my lips, I pray one simple word will cross my heart….faithfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment