Sunday, March 7, 2010

Amazing chicken breast with panko breading

Ok guys ~ here is another amazing recipe I've stumbled on that I want to share. Now this one comes from my own kitchen and let's just say, I don't do much measuring when I cook my own recipes. So work with me here because these are rough estimates. ;-)



Thaw breasts (I use the ones frozen with the ice glaze).
Rinse and pat your breasts dry with a paper towel and set them aside.
Get three bowls, wide and flat style work best.
  • one flour
  • one egg beaten (I add some water to my egg)
  • one panko crumbs ( panko has the texture, but not much flavor, so I heavily season mine with garlic powder (NOT garlic salt), salt, pepper, italian seasoning, chili powder and dry mustard)
Have your pan (I use a glass 13x9 pan, but anything with a lip would work find) at the end of your dipping line so that you can plop them right into your pan. I find doing the turning works best with a fork so that you don't remove any of your coating like with tongs. Add a few tablespoons of room temperature butter as evenly as possible around the chicken in the pan.

Put your chicken into an oven pre-heated to 425 degrees. Cook for 10 min on one side then turn. Cook for another 10 min, then check with your thermometer. Depending on the thickness of your breast you may need another 5-10 min. At this point just continue to check with your thermometer on the thickest part of the thickest one until it's ready. And voila' ! An amazing dish, so quick and easy and yummmmmmmmyyy!!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment